Sunday, July 15, 2012

A day with Kunak


Who is Kunak? 


Kunak is not a person, but a small town located near Semporna and Tawau, Sabah, Malaysia.


(Image from Wikipedia)

(Image from Google Map)


I travelled to Kunak on the day just before Mothers' Day. (12 July. I went there ALONE???)

People from Kunak always congregated at this small restaurant as they enjoy the dishes there. This is my breakfast and people used to order just by using three words *not I Love You*: ikan(fish), telur(eggs) and tofu.
The market where they only sell local fruits, veggies and dried fish

One of the kids who helped his parents at the stalls

The local fruits looked appetizing!! Yummy..*drooling*

Boxes of countless dried fish

I had no idea what those web-liked seafood were. *awkward*

Want some dried stingrays?

Veggies stalls

Secret revealed: I'm not alone C:

This is our driver @ security guard who was not in his uniform.  Mr. Ling.
And this is the Princess from Kunak!! *Joking* She's my course mate, Ms Lau who invited us to visit her hometown and enjoy the cook from his mother.
The congested road along to her house (right side). Believe me or not, at the end of the road is the Sea! Believe it.


Stocks of Mee Sedap in her house xDDD Generally, the house is built above swallow sea water. Outside of her house is the family shop along the roadside. (From the picture before this)

Photogenic cat. *Miao~

The kitchen. You are able to see the water under the kitchen and from the toilet hole.

The kid next door.

Sek ban (cantonese). If not mistaken, the big one costs 100-200 bucks. 

This is what I mentioned before, at the end of the road it's the sea!

Fishing boats. Turn to the right side is where the chicken (alive) and wet market located.

Caution! The floor was pretty slippery.

:D


Coming out from the wet market, we reached 1 roll of veggies stalls.
The mother was doing the hair of her daughter.


Walking back from the markets.

Lunch prepared by Ms. Lau's mother. Steam fish, sotong, veggies and corn soup.

The left bottom dish was cooked by Mr. Ling. We bought the veggies from the stall.

Love this =D bought together with mum at Kuching.

I took this from her shop. haha. Miss blowing bubbles.
That's all! We were heading back to our hostel.


#A Day with Kunak

No comments: