Hey, I
started this sharing since last semester. But today, today, the time has come.
Previous semester --> this semester continues........
Some people
say life is symbolic. No matter which soil you are standing or what number is
the ticking-hand pointing at that moment, you'll find something big or small,
concrete or abstract that intends to deliver you some messages. Last few days,
passed midnight, I saw firefly again :) That was not the first time I saw them
in my room(hostel), but that was the first time I felt that they were here to
bring me some delectable supplement. Not trying to be some psychic here, but
this is just how I really feel.
Some people say firefly is known as Lightning Bug (not
the The Lightning Thief, Dear Percy..hehe)
Why fireflies:
- An ordinary looking creature during the day, but a remarkable sight when it glows at night! Meaning: Humans, although our physical appearance may seem one way *chobit like Bubz, I LIKE her so Much*- it is our internal makings (our spirit) that makes us shine from the inside out! thank you, I really need this spiritual saying :D
- The firefly uses its light signals that are precise and exactly timed for mating purpose. Meaning: If we are to attract people, places and things in our lives, we must plan accordingly and be persistent in our ideals.
- Firefly doesn't produce heat in order to produce her light. Meaning: We must not burn our candles at both ends to reach our goals. (creativity and development is supposed to be a free, natural and easy-going process) *If this point is referring to aspects such as creativity and growing process, yes I agree as I believe creativity is a personal development, a self-concept whereby things around you give you inspirations. In contrast, I don't really buy the idea of not burning our candles at both ends to reach our goals as there is no free lunch in this world. Yes, we have to be consistent in our work and avoid procrastination. But sometimes, when we reach a critical situation like sudden immeasuarable changes to our time table, we Have to burn the midnight oil. *typical life of a student ~ Miao~
- Firefly eat very little! Adult fireflies use their environment to the most effective extent possible to gain their energy. Meaning: (Economy/Efficiency) use the resources we have available to us, and not waste or consume to excess. *PEOPLE! Please support recycling, don't waste even it is tap water while you brush. Please hate polystyrene! bring your own lunchbox instead. I can see with my own eyes that many teacher trainees here don't practice these simple acts. I really hope each acts of me which support recycling and GO GREEN can influence them positively. Remember, little things can bring big success!
Soup for the soul: ~
When fireflies come into our lives they are there to
guide us the ways of living that are more earthly-friendly,
and soul-friendly. Fireflies teach us the value of living simple,
and relying on our own inner voices for illumination. Fireflies also come to us
with a message of creativity, and remind us that our paths are made lighter by
the beauty that we allow into our lives.
Sometimes, I hate myself for not being able to be the
best of me. Sometimes losing my faith and spinning myself into a dark black
hole, with no one to reach. I am just so glad twinkle little fireflies were
here for me. I love seeing the natural yet magical light they produce, as
a guide for me, telling me that if I listen and follow the beauty of my inner
heart, I am capable to achieve pretty little huge dream that I couldn't even
imagined.
Year 2013,
firefly I saw in my hostel room and was able to take a snap!
Looking for more symbols in your life? Do not be
hesitate to follow the arrow --> http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic-meaning-of-the-firefly.html
~Memories Forever Live In My Heart~
#Be My Guest. Ty✭


No comments:
Post a Comment